Saturday, February 27, 2010

...StupidQuestions...?!?!

...why can't anything be simple ???
...why does everything cost a hundred bucks nowadays ???

...it seems even when a little thing goes bad,it will cost a c-note to fix it...first let me say that over time,i've acquired odds and ends,that allow me to fix dern near any system i own(...house,car,toys,etc...at least as such that will allow me to 'limp along' said system until permanent repairs can take place)...it breaks my heart,when i hafta suck it up,and go buy sumthin'...i get nauseous when i part with any amount of money,but i literally get sick when the amount is around or over a hundred dollars...that third digit is what does it i think...

...and to top it off,i have all the stuff i had to buy today,just not in my possession,if i were to actually "go get" my belongings,it would have been more expensive than buying more...go figure???

12 comments:

Felinae said...

Sorry Ken :(

It is hard to part with any amount of money, I agree.

But, why is it that anything major always breaks right after the warranties are up?

Hugs to you and yours
~Fel~

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

Interesting... to "go get" woulda cost more than replacement.
Well, look at it this way-- y'still got backups/preps replacements!

Slainte, brother.

Catman said...

Hey Ken,

I've been there too. It is frustrating as hell.

Ken said...

...top'o'the mornin' all...Felinae,all the warranties are "out"...nuthin'new here in a decade
...Cyg,it's 70 miles one way,they'll be back on thursday...lol,odds-n-ends Brother...
...Catman,i know Brother,it keeps us righteous,but it seems to be happenin'alot lately

HermitJim said...

Have you noticed that the bad stuff seems to be coming in bunches? Or is that just me?

Hope things settle down, my friend!

Ken said...

...thanx Jim,yer right,bunches add up too,been gettin'bad vibes for a week,now i know why...lol

Anonymous said...

The C note today is yesterdays 20.

I know the feeling well. Just had to cough, and I do mean cough up $686.00 for new tires. That could have bought a lot of re-loading supplies.

Hang tough man.

See Ya

Ken said...

...Hey MY way,proper analogy,c-note=20...'bout right too
...but for you,tires are a life and death thing,ya know?...can't even find good used tires these days either...good to 'see' ya Brother

Anonymous said...

Your right on Ken,it cost a hundred bucks to fix a faucet,ask me,I know.

Ohio

Ken said...

...mornin'Ohio,i hear ya,unless you re-install wallworld plastic,even a simple kitchen faucet is a hundred bucks from end to end...thanx fer visitng

riverwalker said...

I'm more in the same boat as Did it My way...usually if I can't fix it myself it's going to set me back a bunch...$300 or more. probably going to have to learn to fix more things myself (and I can fix a bunch).

Don't forget to figure your time also...it's a big part of the cost of any DIY repairs!

Have a good day Ken!

RW

Ken said...

...Mornin' RW,sad to say,i have never really figured in the time for my own projects...i usually settle for taking the time to do it right,instead of taking time to do it over...when i was doing alot of side work for others,i would give them a 'ballpark' time frame,that's about as close to figuring time as i got...getting paid by the job and not the hours...sometimes good,sometimes bad...

...glad ya made it over RW,thanx fer the visit...